George J. Mitchell Scholarship
The George J. Mitchell Scholarship Program is designed to introduce and connect generations of future American leaders to the island of Ireland, while recognizing and fostering intellectual achievement, leadership, and a commitment to the community and public service.
Award includes: Full tuition for a one-year Master’s degree at one of the nine eligible institutions in the Republic of Ireland, campus housing, monthly stipend, round-trip travel between the United States and Ireland.
Application Deadline: Late September/Early October
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college before beginning to study as a Mitchell Scholar
Friday in January
- A citizen of the United States or a national resident with the intent to obtain U.S. citizenship
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Be a full-time matriculated sophomore or junior pursuing a degree at an accredited 2- or 4-year institution of higher education
- Interest in a research career in mathematics, the natural sciences, or engineering